We all need some self reflection and these thought provoking journal prompts are just the ticket! Journaling is an important tool you can use to grow your mindset. You have to use it regularly to achieve the benefits, however. You should aim to reflect at least 2-3 times a week and preferably daily. This will help you identify what you’re doing right, what your current issues are, and where you should correct course and how.
These self reflection journal prompts are designed to help you do that on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. When you answer them, write or type out the answers in a notebook or file and keep them to look back on later. After you’ve done this for a while, you can review your old answers and see how far you’ve come. Don’t spend a lot of time on these questions; 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and 30 minutes, respectively, are enough.
Daily Journal Prompts
- 1.) What is one thing that went right today and why did it go right?
- 2.) What is one thing that went wrong today and is there anything I can do to change the outcome when this situation presents itself again?
- 3.) What did I do to improve myself today?
Weekly Journal Prompts
- 1.) What was my biggest success this week? Why did I succeed at it? How can I replicate this success in the future?
- 2.) What was my biggest failure this week? What caused it? How can I change things to prevent it from happening again?
- 3.) What did I do to improve my mindset this week?
- 4.) What did I learn this week?
- 5.) How much progress did I make towards my goals this week? Did I meet this week’s milestone? Why or why not?
- 1.) What went right this month and why? Is there a pattern to my successes throughout the month? How can I keep these things going in the future?
- 2.) What went wrong this month and why? Is there a pattern to my failures this month? How can I change to stop this pattern from repeating next month?
- 3.) What are the most important lessons I have learned this month? How can I implement them into my life for next month?
- 4.) What have I done to improve my mindset this month? Is it working? Should I try something else next month?
- 5.) What progress have I made towards my goals in the past month? Am I closer or further away? Are there obstacles that have arisen? What can I do to speed up my progress?
I hope you find these self reflection journal prompts useful and that they help you to uncover any patterns which may be developing in your life good and bad.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Wellbeing Wishes using the form below for FREE access to The Wishing Well Resource Library full of FREE downloads to help you on your wellbeing journey.